Novel Adventures

Novel Adventures
Come visit us

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver Discussion





This has been a rough winter for many of us in the states. I'm not going to argue the fact that out here in Denver we have had it easy compared to what some of you have seen on the east coast. I am tired of seeing grey, shoveling snow, and slipping on the ice. It's time I make a break for some place warmer. 
In my "office" I have two book shelves. One shelf has the books that I have already read and the second shelf has the books I have plans to read. So as I sit here, trying to get warm, my eye wanders across the shelf of book I have yet to read. The Lacuna  by Barbara Kingsolver, of course, I need to be in Mexico. 
I have never been disappointed by a Barbara Kingsolver book and have wanted to read this one for some time. 
Over the past month we have had several travelers coming to us looking for Mexico getaways. At Novel Adventures we specialize in putting readers in the setting of their favorite novel so they can experience the story on a deeper understand of the setting, history and culture. We are always happy to send you on an adventure based on pure fun, no book required. However, since we started traveling through novels I cannot bring myself to vision a destination without a story attached to it. Every story I read now, I have to research the destination. Every destination I see only inspires me to find a novel that matches the beauty of the setting. 
I ask that you join me in reading and discussing Lacuna. Unlike my last attempt at book club, I am going to keep the reading at your own pace. Beware of spoilers, personally I don't mind if you reveal part of the story that I have not read yet.  Feel free to discuss the story. Please remember to be kind to other readers and members. 
As always, come visit us at Novel Adventures when you are ready to book your travel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment